Saturday, February 19, 2011

Marathon Training: 1 Day Til Race Day

     PRE-RACE JITTERS? Definitely.  What if I didn't train hard enough? What if I'm not ready? What if, What if, What if?????? ugh let's get this thing done already.  As I sit here writing this blog less than 24 hours away from the starting line of my first marathon I can feel my stomach turning and talking in anticipation and yes even some fear.  Okay so a lot of fear. This thing is no joke it's going to be tough. The only thing I can do is remind myself of the reasons I'm doing this and the fact that the race is my reward for 4 months worth of training.  As for my body, I didn't have a very restful night last night.  I missed my own bed, another thing that may put a damper on my performance tomorrow, other than that and my legs in need of a good stretching session my body feels okay.  I'm just going to try my best to enjoy this race tomorrow and finish I will. Til after the race then, right now I need to go  pick up my race packet.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment